How to FTP things to BioComp
Sometimes you need to send us files that cannot be emailed. We have an FTP server you can use from Windows Explorer in Windows. It's easy! Follow these steps:
- Open a Windows Explorer window; press Win+E.
You can use either Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer. Because FTP involves working with files, Windows Explorer may make the most sense.
- Click to select the Address bar.
- If the Address bar isn’t visible in Windows XP, choose View→Address Bar.
- Type the FTP site’s address: Type ftp://biocompftp.biocompsystems.com into the address bar
- Press Enter.
- The FTP server is password-protected. A dialog box will appear and enter the User and Password we have supplied you.
In a second, you see the window populated with folders and files, just as though you were looking at storage on your own PC. Keep in mind, however, that you’re using a remote computer on the Internet.
- Drag your file to this ftp folder or copy your file locally by selecting it and typing Ctrl-C and go the ftp window and type Ctrl-V.
- The transfer may take a while, you are sending over the internet.
- When it is done, merely close Windows Explorer to disconnect.
How to Run an App as Administrator
Purpose & Scope Sometimes software needs sufficient 'rights' within Windows in order to write to the Registry or folders protected by Windows. This article tells you how to configure a software program to run with sufficient rights. Procedure You ...
Registering VB6 Controls
If you installed Profit 7 or earlier and Dakota and when I started one of these I got various errors about controls not being properly registered. I searched the internet and read that InstallShield may not be registering various components properly ...
Analytical Cloud Quits
If you are using the Analytical Cloud and it closes shortly after starting, check to see if your User ID is correct. If you mis-enter or enter an invalid User ID, the Analytical Cloud shuts down, intentionally. Feel free to contact technical ...